Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sugar was my sugar...

So here I am on this boring Tuesday but the good news is that I made it through another Monday! I guess I should not be do drab!  All in all eating Paleo is going great. Although I must admit that I am a fake and a phony...oh and add cheater to my list! I CHEATED! CHEATED is such a harsh word...let say I colored outside the lines? I broke down with the help of my husband Mike and my little sister Kristine...and we went out and got frozen yogurt! It was FANTASTIC! I didn't get nearly as much as my sister and hubby (it is a self serve joint)...but I had just enough to wet my pallet with all the yummy that frozen yogurt can deliver! Ahhh it was so dang good. But what goes up, must come down!  I also have to admit that I had a total sugar rush and then a total sugar slump all within about an hour and it did NOT feel very good. It is amazing how my body now reacts to sugar and it sucks!

I used to have this amazing love affair with sugar...Sugar was my sugar...and I was Sugars baby! But no more. I am so over Sugar (I gave her back the ring)...we are OVER! Every time I give in and let her back into my life, it is a hot mess! So no more Sugar!  We are through! But like any breakup, there will be rebounds...and I am preparing myself for those! I hear Mr. Cheese is pretty tempting....and that guy Dairy is a charmer...but NO, I must not give in! I won't!

Besides the urge to mess around with Mr. Cheese and Dairy (I must REFRAIN), I am really feeling great. My eating has been in check and I am totally feeling the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle. I am not bloated and half the time I am not even hungry which is a bonus! I am losing inches for sure. My pants and occasional tropical print moo-moo are fitting much looser than before...so thumbs up to that! I have been wanting to take some photos (yes, the dreaded photos) of my before Paleo physic while wearing minimal clothing to document the proof of the amazing transformation that awaits me...but i have not got around to it..I think on purpose. There is just something about taking pictures of my back fat that scares the poo out of me...it should scare the poo out of you too...have you ever seen back fat...it's atrocious!

So my goal this week is to keep eating healthy, document my back fat for the world to see and exercise a little. I signed up for a local 5K walk-run called the Bidwell Classic on March 5...so I think a little exercise would bid me well before I actually show up for a race!  Oh and I am also looking forward to making Panang Curry; recipe compliments of my amazing co-worker and office mate Jhoana! She is an amazing cook and she lives a extremely successful Paleo lifestyle..she is a great motivator and inspiration..she also keeps me on track...she beats me when I'm bad! So, keep on eating...keep on moving...keep on keeping on my blog friends and family! Thanks for keeping me honest and accountable! I love ya! :)

Feeling the Love
-Polly

P.S. sorry for the weird highlight in light green on this last paragraph...but I cannot fix it...

4 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this post. Sugar...its the devil. I am glad you are not feeling bloated anymore. I always had this problem too. Paleo rocks :) Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh....pS my blogger decided to make its own font and other weird things today...must be a system poroblem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks Kim!!!
    YES, you do NEED to take pictures soon because you are getting thinner by the day :) who cares about back fat, we all have it!
    Happy running,
    Jhoana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kimmi!!! I'm glad to hear it's going well (or as smoothly as possilbe when removing all gluteny sugary goodness from your plate). Can't wait to hear how the curry turns out!

    <3 Magoo

    ReplyDelete