Monday, February 7, 2011

But there are so many pebbles...


Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown
I have some horrible news. I ate a very small but very delicious ice cream sundae yesterday. I did so good the entire super bowl eating meatballs, carrot sticks, etc...and drinking my water but after that, someone broke out the sundae making equipment (ice cream, carmel sauce, nuts and whip cream)...and bam, I had no will power! I ate it. Although it was a small sundae, it was a sundae. I weighed this morning and I have not gained so that makes me feel not so bad...but I have a guilty conscience. But I must forgive myself and move on! 

Monday's are always difficult. Not only are they the start of your typical 'work week' but they also remind me that I have to get up in the morning and get ready to leave my house. I hate mornings! I am so NOT a morning person!  I just feel rushed, unorganized, late, angry and tired all stuffed into a pair of boring black work slacks! Ahhh I can feel my blood pressure rising just blogging about it! And typical of a Monday, I never prepare for breakfast or lunch so I am usually hungry!  I just wish weeks would start with Tuesday. If anything, it would trick my brain!

On a small but positive note, my son slept through the night last night! Thank you God! It was nice and I am thankful!  Also, my husband totally cheated all weekend starting with a Friday night burger and beer date with his friends and ending last night with a 6 pack of beer! He totally fell off the Paleo wagon and the scale is reminding him of his mistakes!

So here I sit on this sunny Monday (sorry for all you back east with the bad weather but California does have it's perks) hungry, tired, angry and guilty! I am hoping my week ahead presents me with happier days and painless mornings!
 

Congratulations Aaron Rodgers and the Greenbay Packers! You did it...and Chico is sooo proud of our boy! Whoohoooo!!!! 
-Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Love the pebbles quote. Thanks for the inspiration today. Everyone slips sometimes - don't worry! :D

    ReplyDelete