Friday, February 4, 2011

Must keep going...

The Friday Report:
I am thrilled to have lost some more weight but I only lost .5 inches...and of all places in my bust! Geezzz! But I am still thrilled. I have been eating really strict paleo (except for my morning cup of joe) and it is working great for me! I have read that lack of sleep will really mess with your weight loss efforts as suggested by Robb Wolff:
"Sleep deprivation mimics many elements of the aging process. One could make the argument that how you feel when you are sleep deprived is likely how you will feel if you are both diabetic and old (sleep deprivation dramatically impacts insulin sensitivity). Improved sleep time and quality will help you: Lean out, avoid depression, autoimmunity, heart disease…"               
...and I have for sure had a lack of sleep these past two weeks. My one year old son Mason has been up two to three times a night. Not sure why, maybe teething? Then just a day or so ago, he came down with yet another cold...our house has been continually sick since late October...and to slap some icing on the cake, he got three shots yesterday!! It sucks! I am slowly dying from sleep deprivation...even my hair is suffering. I swear it is limp and dull...all from lack of sleep!!!  I need a makeover!...and a nap! Maybe a day at the spa would suit me well...

My husband Mike is doing exceptionally well on Paleo too. He is down 15 pounds and i have yet to do his follow up measurements which i will do tonight... I am happy for him. Although he is already planning to cheat this weekend because of the super bowl...(GO PACK GO)!!  We will be attending a very small super bowl party at my sisters house and I am bringing paleo friendly food for all to share...I am hoping there is other food there I too can eat! More than the food, I am super excited because for the first time I entered a money pool at Mikes work! I hope I win big money, big money! (GO PACK GO)!!

So my blog friends, enjoy the super bowl this weekend and keep your eating in check! Don't let one event throw all your hard work to the curbside! I will leave you with a saying that is posted right in front of me on my office wall each and every day! Enjoy!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet
 is fighting some kind of battle!"
...whether it's a battle with weight, cancer, alcohol or something else...

THE CURRENT STATS: 2/4/11
Age: 31 years 348 days old!
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 215.2 (-3.4)
Bust: 45 inches (-1.0)
Waist: 46 inches (-.5)
Hips: 50.5 inches (-.5)
Bones: BIG!

RUNNING TOTALS:
Obstacles Removed: -3.4 lbs
Inches Gone for Good: -2.0

P.S. Aaron Rodgers (QB for the Packers) is from Chico! So we have to REPRESENT!! GO PACK GO!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! Glad things are going well. Thanks for reminding me of that quote - its such a good one!

    ReplyDelete