Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fell off the wagon...big time!

Okay so, I had my big birthday weekend and I really was bad. I am mean so bad that I have been afraid to blog. It was a fantastic weekend celebration with friends and family from both near and afar...but it was a LOT of yummy temptations that I gave into with the "it's my birthday" reasoning. And now, I am sad. I gained weight. I know for sure around 2 pounds. I have not measured myself. I'm afraid. I'm a failure.

I am tyring to get on track this work week (which is almost over being it's Thursday at 4:47pm)...but here at my office there are so many temptations. My boss and co-workers got me some sweet treats to celebrate with on Tuesday...then my co-workers took me to lunch on Wednesday...and tomorrow we are having a February birthday celebration for all the workers here in my office. It's nice but IT SUCKS! So, I am going hard core on Saturday for sure. I will still weigh in and measure tomorrow...but I am going to be sad. I know it. Ahh I am such a let down.

On a happier note. I am going to try...I said TRY with all my might to train at the gym for a 5K run. I am already doing a 5K on March 5th but a friend of mine turned me onto an app on my phone that is an entire 5K training program. It is really cool! My only problem is childcare. It will be hard for me to get to the gym without the responsibility of my son. So, I am going to try and go during my lunch hours on MWF...which will be hard. But, I am going to TRY! I really really really really really want to do it...

On another positive note, my son got me the best birthday gift ever....a bike trailer to tow him around in! We both love it! Thanks Mason!

Be back tomorrow to report the official damage of my week of partying!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, seriously, it will be okay. Don't be saddy! Did you seriously eat 7000 EXTRA calories? Above what you burn? I doubt it. Some of the 2 pounds could be just sodium & that will go away. I do not think it is all fat. You will get back on track & it'll come right back off - PLUS SOME!

    my bday is next week! i'll be 33. yes, i will have cake! I won't binge on it, but i am having some!!

    You can totally run that 5k! :)

    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ok...happens to the best of the best! I am sure you will get back on track. what an awesome gift! I want a bike so bad. It has been years since I rode. Dont be afraid of the scale. The best thing to do is acknowledge it and move on. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete