Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weight Watchers Week 1

So I weighted in on Saturday and I am down -2.6 pounds which brings me to 217.4!  Pretty good for the first week! I am getting the hang of the new Points Plus program and am beginning to be less hungry throughout the day. All in all, it is going well. Cooking dinners seems to be the most challenging part for me. I am controlled at breakfast with the usual bowl of cereal and at lunch with my veggies and Smart Meal but dinner is a free for all. Also cooking for the entire family puts added pressure on me, but I guess I'm doing fine because I am losing the weight!

Memorial Day was this past weekend and it was not a challenge for me. The hubby made kabobs with veggies on the grill! They were delicious. And since I had so many bonus points left over, we went out for a scoop of ice cream! It was worth every point! I also attended the annual Memorial Day Service they host at our local cemetery. It's very humbling.

To wrap up the weekend, I went swimsuit shopping! Now typically I would be dreading this but I wasn't. I felt good. I ended up bringing home three tops and two bottoms to model for my hubby and let him give me the honest ("would you be embarrassed to be seen with me") truth. My plan was to return the suits that were the worst but Mike liked all of them. So being a girl, I kept them! Who could resist, especially when your hubby says they look good on you...and I really think he was being honest!

As you may have noticed last week I updated the look of my blog, hope you like it! I also slowly added a new side column of my 'tipping the scale' weight tracking and a few tabs at the top...more to come! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Oh and before I forget, a shout out to my bestie....HAPPY 33rd BIRTHDAY KELLY JEAN...you will always be older than me!

-Poolside Polly

3 comments:

  1. Did you really just call me out on my age in the blogosphere world?! Ok...actually I feel so important that you mentioned me!! I too am thrilled you are doing Weight Watchers! Im a die hard WW girl! And omg 2.6.....awesome! Keep it up friend! And how cool you had ice cream....and you didnt fall off the wagon...you just planned for it! Thats why I love this program! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the 2.6 loss! That is awesome and such a good feeling!! :) We CAN do this! Not sure if you follow her blog, but www.skinnytaste.com is amazing! I cook so many of her meals throughout the week. And they all taste so great, you wouldn't even know that most of them were ww friendly. My husband isn't going without by any means! She lists all of the points plus values, plus the fat, calories, etc. She has changed my outlook on eating healthy! (you may already know about the site..just thought I would share just in case)

    Also, love the new look of the blog. It looks fresh! :) Awesome about the new swim suits! Glad hubby liked them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! Way to go on the 2 plus pounds! Love the new look and thanks for inspiring me to get with it!

    ReplyDelete