Friday, May 27, 2011

Not Right Now, Not Today

So far this week it's been...so good? Well, actually I have been hungry. But that is slowly changing. I had to work yesterday in Sacramento (which is a good 2 hour drive from Chico) and on the meeting agenda it said we had lunch "on our own."....now those are three words a newly WW attendee never wants to here...ON YOUR OWN...no way...give me structure, give me guidance...give me my meeting leader...but I did okay. I ate with a group of colleagues and of course they decided to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Booo! But I had a salad with chicken and dressing on the side. Now mind you, my co-worker sitting right next to me had a beautiful bacon cheeseburger with fried onion rings on top...it smelled delicious I'm not going to lie. I just kept telling myself that I too can have a bacon cheeseburger but not right now, not today. It kind of works when you take the time to talk yourself down from the ledge!  I didn't jump. I stayed safely put next to my chicken salad and it was good. I was full. I was alive! 


Me and Mason
Santa Cruz, CA
May21, 2011
On the activity front, I have found an amazing app for my phone (android) called Noom...it has a GPS tracker and it tracks all my physical activity. So I have been walking with my son in tow at a local park for two nights this week, 2.5 miles each night! I also went to the GYM, yes I said GYM on my lunch break on Wednesday. I only did 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical but I was sweating like a hog in July! It actually felt good. Now I can tell you that the exercise piece for me has not been easy. I hate being active. I hate to say that since I used to play hockey, tennis, track and volleyball all through high school...but as Dr. Phil says...LETS GET REAL...high school was ummmmm 14 years ago (holy crap I have been out of high school for 14 years)...so in 14 years I have learned to hate exercise....oh and i have also managed to gain approximately 72 pounds...funny how that works. So I will keep TRYING. I will keep on keeping on. I will remind myself that I did not get fat by accident.

-Positive Polly

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making a good choice at CHEESECAKE FACTORY..wow that place is yummy! I'm not sure that I could make a good choice if I went there...its probably best I stay away for now! ;) Also, I didn't know you lived in Chico. I live in Mountain view. (between San Fran and San Jose.) The picture on the Ferris Wheel is super cute. We were in Santa Cruz at a wedding on the 21st! Small world! Have a happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, girl. Btw, i LOVE Santa Monica!!! It's gorgeous there! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete