Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I've got a hankering for some SUGARRRR!!!

When all else fails in my quest for weight happiness, I pray. I'm serious. I pray that my craving will go away, that the skinny girl at Starbucks will gain a muffin-top or that I will miraculously love the taste of brussel sprouts (sad excuse for good taste and nourishment by the way). So when my SUGARRRR craving set in last night around 9:30 I did what I do in times of dire straights, I prayed:
"Dear God if you can hear my prayers for help then please respond. I would hate to take you away from your Bacchic ball tournament (I hear your kicking butt by the way) but I need some divine intervention.  I need help! I am craving SUGARRRRR (I spell it like it is roaring like a lion because that is how I feel).  Last night was tough but you already know that because you see everything I do....so you know how I was pillaging my own kitchen and turning all it's contents upside down looking for some small morsel of sweetness to calm down the lion inside me! Ahhhhhhhhhh! I could eat a horse...if it was made of chocolate with eyes of peppermint patties and a mane of salt water taffy! I need SUGARRRRR!! Someone slap me...  AMEN"
I tried to tame my inner lion with some coco dusted almonds. FAILED. So I tried some watered down grape juice. FAILED...finally I just had to go to bed in hopes that I wouldn't start gnawing on my poor dog Heidi in our sleep! I mean she is sweet and all...but I wasn't trusting my inner lion all that much...I would hate to lose Heidi in such a sweet disaster! But the good news is that I made it! I guess it's good news that Heidi made it too! I have heard that the day after you have horrible sweet cravings you will have a great weight loss, I shall pray that that too is true!

-Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your first week on paleo Kim! Hang in there with those sugar cravings. We're all here supporting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Have i said that already? And way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasted brussel sprouts are delicious! At least I think so.

    Also you are hilarious. A hilarious sugar-hungry lion.

    I am kind of afraid. That is all.

    Oh wait, also, LUCK!

    (That is me wishing you luck. Okay, now that is all.)

    ReplyDelete