Friday, January 21, 2011

And then she started a blog...

THE DOWN-LOW:
Yep, that is right I am starting a blog.  As I journey into my long road of "weight happiness" I will blog to keep myself accountable but also possibly help others along the way.  You see, I have been overweight and comfortable with it most of my adult (post-college) life and it has GOT to change.  I keep telling myself that I am fine just the way I am; even my office mate said "your just big-boned"...big boned? Is that what I have convinced myself and others my extra pounds of fat are called? Is big-boned even politically correct? Ahhhhh!!  So with a lick (preferably of chocolate) and a prayer, I am blogging.

Now down to the nitty gritty.  I tend to be either extremely optimistic (on rare occasion) or more of a pessimist (usually on days that end in Y)...hence the name of my blog spot; Negative Nance vs Positive Polly.  Just to let you in on a little secret; I am both Nancy and Polly...but shhhh don't tell! I will hopefully blog at least 3 days a week with either my Nancy or Polly perspective of my life and journey to "weight happiness" (I am cutting loss and diet out of my vocab!)....I'm shooting for a goal of happiness here people! Don't worry, i will have a quantitative goal in mind so we are all held accountable.  But for the most part, if you choose to follow my blog (i just love the word blog...oh I am such a blogger) you will see all my rants and raves that come along with "weight happiness."  Wish me luck!

As for me, well hold onto your seats ladies and gentlemen...I'm a doozie! I am quickly approaching the cusp of my 32nd birthday and quite frankly is scares me.  I am not one to dwell on the number of age but I can clearly remember when my own mother was 32 and I thought "dang, mom is so old!" Now here I am. How did I get here? And how did I get here in a size 18 jeans?

THE PLAN:
I will follow the Paleo lifestyle for my entire weight happiness journey.  If your not familiar with the plan you NEED to read the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.  Basically the Paleo Solution is the "Caveman Diet." You eat like your primal ancestors did.  A lot of meat protein, eggs, animal fats, veggies, fruit and limited nuts, avocado and olive oil.  You avoid all grains, starches, dairy and added sugars. Simple, right? Ummm, have you ever seriously tried "taking candy away from a baby!" Not so simple! You go through withdrawals like a crack addict.  Our modern and most typical diet has us hooked on carbs and sugars like nobodies business...it's hard but I am doing it! I will try to exercise when I can. I don't belong to any fancy gyms and I don't plan on joining any at the moment, maybe in the distant future? Who knows? So, that is the plan.  I will eat until I am full and I will only venture way from the Paleo eating for my morning coffee (I must have a dash of cream and a sprinkle of sugar). 

THE CURRENT STATS: 1/21/11
Age: 31
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 218.6lbs
Bust: 45.5 inches
Waist: 46.5 inches
Hips: 51.0 inches
Bones: Big!!

THE GOAL:
I would like to be around 185 pounds.  I was happy then. I felt pretty, confident and loved the way I looked.  So with some help from my trusty calculator, that is 33.6 obstacles in my way to my place of weight happiness! I can do this!

9 comments:

  1. OK i came to your blog after getting your comment, and i am so glad i did! You are a great writer, fun to read & fun blog title. :) Love what you said about big bones, i have gotten that too! LOL! I will check out the Paleo Solution.

    I am you first follower, woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I am so official now with a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Go Kim!!!! We are all here supporting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Kimbo...you can so do this! And make us all laugh along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you left me a comment so I could leave YOU a comment!
    I am so happy you decided to life the Primal lifestyle. It truly is great. And you have set a great, attainable goal for yourself. Thanks for adding to me to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you Kim!!! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Tina lets knock the taco's out of our big bones. You have inspired me to get back on track and feel better doing it. You are my favorite cavewoman!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great plan Kim. Looking forward to following you journey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina,Tina,Tina Have you forgotten about the fruit sorbe and un sweetened coconut that you taught me???? How about the 78% coco dark chocolate to save your sanity. I agree sugar is the hardest to tackle. Hang in there I am rooting for ya Polly.

    ReplyDelete